Hi, I am a Nicolas, a software developer from France, currently living in Poland.
Python is my go to language but I also develop in Rust and Lua from time to time. The Open Source software I write and contribute to is shown in my GitHub profile.
With ten years of experience in the industry, my domains of expertise include:
- Backend development: Django, Flask, REST APIs...
- System administration: Debian, Ansible, Docker...
- Database administration: PostgreSQL, SQLite, Redis and MySQL
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS, GCP, OVH...
- Hardware & Networking
I enjoy developing software and managing the infrastructure that runs it. Doing both gives access to the full picture which is invaluable when building reliable systems.
I am available for contract work, you can contact me by email at nicolas@<domain of this website>.fr.
I studied Engineering in Network and Telecommunication at the UTT in France. During my studies I had the opportunity to discover many countries like Canada, Estonia and Poland. They were amazing experiences that developed my taste for living abroad.
- Feedsubs.com (code) hosted and open source RSS feeds reader written with Django.
- I help maintain IMAPClient, a popular Python library for interacting with email servers.
- Spinach a Redis task queue for distributing work to a cluster of machines.
- Atoma a typed Atom and RSS feeds parser.
- Bplustree an on-disk B+ tree library.
- Sauna a daemon to monitor infrastructure.